content creation, and current content

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Mon Oct 2 18:48:53 EDT 2006

Jody Garnett wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have been quiet for a couple months but thought I should check back
> to see how
> things are going (and if now is a useful time for more involvement).
Looking at the following page:
-http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/WebCom_OSGeo_Site_Focus#Convincers

Some suggested content was listed as "convincers" (interesting term), if
no progress
has been made on these items we could assume little interest and try again.

So far the following content has been produced:
- Developer Profiles
- Flyers
- Announcements (do we also have Press Releases)

Hunting through "documentation and files" I can find a lot more
artifacts from the visibility committee. And can see in their mandate that
the have some of these concerns listed as part of their "mission":

>     * creation and use of OSGeo marketing materials (brochures, logos,
>       etc)
>     * aiding in the creation and dissemination of case studies, white
>       papers, etc

So perhaps I should switch groups to chase after marketing goals, and
leave this list in peace. Or we should work on making the artifacts they
have produced accessible to website visitors. My concern is coordination
and having a consistent message fall between the gaps of these two
committees.

Jody