collective blogging experiments for committees / groups

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Tue Oct 3 09:13:49 EDT 2006

dear all,

A subject stressed at the last F2F was a desire for more frequent and
concise communications between committees. It concerns me that even
active members of the community with much inclination to help are
being confused by OSGeo's byzantine committee structure in terms of
who-does-what-where-for-whom.

My hacks on the community portal site have been an attempt to address
this a bit and hopefully to encourage committee chairs to write more
and explain more. Six weeks ago I made a quick collective blogging
hack which I forgot to tell anyone about. I wonder if it is the sort
of thing Markus had in mind at the meeting.

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Collective_Blogging <- howto + howdid
http://community.osgeo.org/board <- example with blog post attached to
bottom of committee page

cheers,