[Web Comm] Spotlight on Drupal?

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Sun Oct 8 15:10:11 EDT 2006

dear auke, i am just reconnecting after a few days offline.

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 03:23:09AM -0700, Auke Jilderda wrote:
> we will likely be publishing the profile on Markus Neteler this week.
> It would be nice to have another spotlight in a month or so from now and
> I was wondering if that would be suitable timing for your Drupal site to
> get in the spotlight?

Right, i thought from the subject this was email about putting
developer spotlight type nodes in Drupal ;)

Re. publicising the site - I really want to wait until someone has
been able to give it a design onceover. The theme we are using just
doesnt work in internet explorer at all. And it would be great if it
looked the part, looked convincing, that would encourage people to
connect to it. I do not know how far off we are budget wise being able
to drop money on any web design work but i will keep you posted- we
had some volunteer offer bu that seems to have wilted.

> This message is just to inquire if the timing is at all suitable and, if
> so, to give some advance notice to get the site ready for more exposure.

Cheers! well, there's definitely a lot more we can and should do to it
before really pushing it around but yes it would be great to get
people testing it out sooner rather than later - they might hate it
and there is still time to back away ;)

cheers.

jo