[Web Comm] RE: WWW migration

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Sep 7 10:05:10 EDT 2006

Auke Jilderda wrote:
> Good question.  Will need to investigate a bit to figure out what we can
> and cannot do.  Will get back to you on this tomorrow or early next
> week.
>
> Any WebCom members have more comments and thoughts on Jason's
> suggestion?  I might as well take that along right away. :-)

Auke,

The only thing I would add to what Jason has written is that we would also
like to be aware of the effects this might have on mail handling for the
osgeo.org domain.  We have a few aliases, such as info at osgeo.org that
we would like to have go somewhere sensible.  Can we provide a custom
MX record for the osgeo.org domain?  Is this going to interfere in any way
with the MX records for the subdomains?

I'll add I don't know even as much about how email works as might seem
to be implied by talking about MX records, so don't assume too much about
my level of understanding.