WWW migration

Auke Jilderda auke at collab.net
Fri Sep 8 10:07:28 EDT 2006

Hi Jason,

to achieve what you want, we would probably have to:
 1. Rename the osgeo.org site to something like projects.osgeo.org.
 2. Set-up the Drupal site in the osgeo.org domain and have links from
    content to the project areas on the CN site.
 3. Implement shared authentication with Drupal being the master and CN
    the slave (like BEA).
Examples of such set ups are BEA Codeshare and Java.net.  However,
especially step 1 will be a labour intensive, error-prone undertaking,
depending on the amount of content on the site.  In practice, this will
be a lot of work.

Alternatively, perhaps we could look into the following: Continue to use
CN's site front page [1] as the front page and have it link into CN
project pages for specific projects and have it link into Drupal for
Drupal specific functionality.  Would that work sufficiently well, you
think?

Auke

 1. https://www.osgeo.org/