[Web Comm] Sol Katz Page

Dave Patton dpatton at confluence.org
Wed Sep 20 11:20:50 EDT 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I have written up a brief web page on the Sol Katz award at:
>
>   https://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/solkatz/index.html
>
> I need it to link from for the award news item.  But I haven't quite
> worked out where it should be linked from normally in the tree.
> Suggestions
> on this, or improvements to the page are welcome.

My comments:

1)
Change "Awardees" to "Recipients".

2)
It would be nice to have some info about the
recipients along with their names.

3)
Maybe change the heading for Sol's section from:
Solomon Stuart Katz aka Sol 1947-1999
Solomon Stuart Katz aka Sol Katz, 1947-1999

4)
In Sol's Background paragraph, change:
"NY" to "New York" (two places)
"MA" to "Masters"
"second masters" to "second Masters degree"

5)
Would it be worthwhile to have a list of libraries /
programs / applications that are part of the OSGeo
'family' that contain code derived from Sol's work,
to show a concrete connection between OSGeo and
Sol's legacy?

--
Dave Patton

http://www.confluence.org/