[Web Comm] Service Provider Directory

Dave Patton dpatton at confluence.org
Tue Sep 26 14:49:06 EDT 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I have written up a brief description of the service provider directory
> we discussed at the last WebCom meeting.
>
>   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Service_Provider_Directory
>
> I am planning to run it past the board this Friday to make sure they are ok
> with the general idea.

In regards to "vetting" service providers, what about requiring
that all such providers be subscribed to a mailing list, and
also allow optional subscription by 'other interested parties',
such as consumers of the providers' services. It would provide
a forum for "both sides" to ask questions and receive comments
'out in the open', and could even serve as a starting point for
organizations looking for providers to 'advertise' their interest.

--
Dave Patton

http://www.confluence.org/

Personal website - Maps, GPS, etc.