Trademark Guidelines

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Sep 29 16:44:17 EDT 2006

Michael,

I have migrated the trademark guidelines and faq from the wiki to the
website (without any public links yet).  Could you skim the result and
make sure it seems like an accurate reflection?

Note that in the board meeting we adopted the trademark guidelines essentially
as is, but with the understanding that we don't intend to apply the (tm)
appelation very widely in actual use.  This does not seem to conflict with
the document itself.

PS. I've setup the existing info at osgeo.org email address for copyright
questions.  Currently this goes to me (and perhaps a couple others).  Shortly
it will go to the ED but it should always be an "attended" address for
questions of all sorts to the foundation.

PPS. The board didn't see a need to trademark "Your Open Source Compass".