[Webcom] Motion to grant Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas translator role (was: Re: [Spanish] Traducción del portal)

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Tue Apr 3 13:43:50 EDT 2007

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas wrote:

> Arnulf Christl escribió:
>> Hola,
>> mi nombre es Arnulf y no hablo Español... Pero traté de empezar la
>> traducción del portál:
>> http://www.osgeo.org/bienvenido
>>
>> Espero que alguien más competente puede... take on the lead. I can give
>> you a short introduction on how the translation works in this Drupal CMS.
>> Just ping me on this list or get me (seven) or ominiverde on IRC.
>>
>> Un saludo,
>>

> Hi Arnulf,
>
> I'm evolved with the OSGeo Spanish Local Chapter and I want to
> participate with the OSGeo portal translation.
>
> I've been the webmaster of a Drupal powered blogs since two years (the
> last one http://geomaticblog.net in Spanish) , so I know Drupal quite well.
>
> Nobody has answered you about this issue, I offer myself to start this
> work (on my free time, of course).
>
> As I start the translation, I think I can achieve some help from other
> "geo"friends and maybe university people and spread the word on my blog
> as well .
>
> Regards,
> - --
> Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
> Ingeniero en Geodesia y Cartografía
> correo:	jsanz [en] geomaticblog [punto] net
> web:	http://geomaticblog.net

Hi Jorge,
thank you for your interest and welcome to the team. To be able to translate the Drupal pages you need an account.

The procedure is that someone (in this case me) from the WebCom team motions to add you to the translator group, someone seconds, then WebCom votes and if no -1 appears Tyler Mitchell (or SAC?) will add the role to your OSGeo account (do you already have one? If not please ask Tyler how to go about getting one).

Motion to grant Jorge translator role permissions

Best regards,
Arnulf.