[Webcom] Presentation

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at geomaticblog.net
Wed Apr 4 05:28:53 EDT 2007

Hello,

I've just joined the list, so I'll introduce myself.

My name is Jorge Sanz (aka XuRxO) and I'm a spanish Cartographic
Engineer and free software fan.

Nowadays I work as a GIS developer in Prodevelop, a spanish GIS company
that is working actively on gvSIG project, we've developed the ArcIMS
and Oracle drivers and we will start the geocoder and hopefully other
functionalities.

We use also many other FOSS projects, mainly on web apps, as deegree,
Pentaho (BI) and OpenLaszlo.

I've contacted with Arnulf to start translating the OSGeo Portal into
Spanish to spread the word about the FOSS4G projects and OSGeo
contributions.

So, I hope we can attract spanish spoken people to work around the
Spanish Local Chapter that has just begun it activities and build a
community of FOSS4G developers and users.

Best regards

(Pericles, I'm one of the spaniards you met with a beer on our hands -or
more- on Laussane :D)
--
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
Ingeniero en Geodesia y Cartografía