[Webcom] Language Support

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 3 13:50:09 EST 2007

On 3-Feb-07, at 4:15 AM, Arnulf Christl wrote:

> Hello,
> ignorant of the fact that multiple language support for
> http://www.osgeo.org is only visible to authenticated users I sent
> out an
> email to the German list yesterday requesting for help to translate:
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/viscom-discuss-de/2007-February/
> 000211.html
>
> Is there a schedule when languages will be available for anonymous
> users
> (including the dynamic menu)?

You must just have missed my comment in:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/webcom/2007-January/000857.html

"The menu for different translations does not appear until
your are logged in.  All tools are hidden unless logged in, simply so
users don't go thinking there is translated content available when
there isn't yet."

Naturally we can turn on the ability at any time.  My only thought
was to keep it covered until more languages are translated.  There
has been no timeline set for having this completed.  Perhaps we can
aim for Feb 15th and let the translators and discuss list know we
have a goal... and see how it goes.

I would like to remove any language links for languages that don't
have 'good enough' amounts of content translated by out goal date.
Then add them back in when/if someone wants to fill the gap.

Make sense?  Any other ideas?