[Webcom] Trademark and Logo usage guidelines

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Feb 4 14:41:35 EST 2007

Arnulf Christl wrote:
> Hi,
> I have update some Wiki pages. The corresponding stable documents should
> also be updated (but no hurry). How does this work? Do we (who) need to
> motion, vote, approve things again or to what level of change is it just
> maintenance? Adding  a link to the logo download page is probably minor,
> who does these things on the stable version?
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=TrademarkGuidelines&diff=11056&oldid=8547
>
> Changing the Trademark FAQ page already involved more creativity. Please
> read carefully throuhg all that is red on the right side of this page:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=TrademarkFAQ&diff=11057&oldid=10836
> That is the summary of the changes I hacked on that page this year. This
> is not stable content but a Wiki and it still has effects on how people
> will use our logo.

Arnulf,

The "live" copy of the trademark guidelines live at:

   http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/legal/trademark_guidelines.html
   http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/legal/trademark_faq.html

A few of the changes you made (filling in links) have already been addressed.
I don't personally have any general problems with the changes you are
proposing.  I think they are considered "owned" by VisCom so I think you
could seek their approval for an update.  Generally speaking I figure
notification of changes is sufficient for editorial changes that don't
change the meaning in any noticable way, and a motion would be more appropriate
if the changes are substantial.