[Webcom] CMS Menus

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Feb 12 16:17:54 EST 2007

What is Häufig gestellt Fragen ?

-----Original Message-----
From: webcom-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:webcom-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Tyler Mitchell
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 13:02
To: Web committee discussions
Subject: [Webcom] CMS Menus

I've changed the "OSGeo Foundation" and "OSGeo Community" left sidebar menus into Drupal menu objects.  The great thing about it is that you no longer have to edit a very low-level "block" object with scary HTML to add/modify the menu.  Also these objects can be translated into other languages.  Other than that you will not notice much change.

Now, anyone with project manager, admin role or translator roles can edit the menus using the menu management tool at:
http://www.osgeo.org/admin/menu Scroll to bottom to see the two menus.  You can "edit" a menu item/link to change it or to translate it into another language.  If you have any questions about it, let me know.

I think the look and feel of this can be improved, but will leave that debate for another post :)