[Webcom] Re: Translated web site content

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Feb 23 12:59:05 EST 2007

Agreed.  Translation is a different role than content creation, and all "pages" should be semantically equivalent regardless of the language they are being presented in.

I don't mind these two roles being held by the same people if that's been OK'd by WebCom or the "owner" of a particular section of the site, but new content or changes to the meaning of existing pages need to follow our guidelines, and be communicated to the translations group for synchronisation.

I disagree that there should be different content for different languages.  These can be maintained in the local chapter areas.  Hmm.  It might make sense to have a link to the appropriate local chapter on the main page (contradicting himself)

Jason