[Webcom] News Item content type and Drupal "block"

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 25 22:42:33 EST 2007

On 25-Jan-07, at 6:54 PM, Jason Birch wrote:

> I'd like the main page to have only a single community spotlight,
> and to split that space in half, with one spotlight on the left and
> current news on the right...

I'll tackle spotlights as their own new custom content type - then
you can have some flexibility, okay?  Once I take another kick at
language translations...

> Do we have a devel site where we can get in and play around with
> the front page module, etc?

I've been doing mine on an instance on the 'backup' server - but also
on the production server where I set permissions to not show new
features to anonymous until it is ready.  Not sure what is the best
way - but I like using the other server and then porting over the
changes to production when ready.