[Webcom] RE: [Viscom-dev] Sample script how to link to the OSGeo logo

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Jan 29 13:52:34 EST 2007

Arnulf pointed out:

------------------
Quesiton is whether we really wnat that? Is it something that VisCom is
really hyped about, is it an issue for WebCom to do it? If anybody would
consent to actually doing I would suggest that it is a good idea.

I do think that a "Linking to Us" section would be a great idea.

I personally don't like the idea of asking them to link to our site,
though I don't see a problem in letting them know that they are free to
do so.

It adds to our load (OK, marginally), and it means that we are taking
responsibility for not breaking other peoples' sites by changing the
image location, site maintenance, etc.  I would prefer to encourage them
to download the images.

Jason