[Webcom] Organize and structure the wiki

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Sat Jun 9 16:39:20 EDT 2007

Hi,

I would like to organize the francophone section of the wiki so I am proposing
to create namespace for each local chapter. This could be more useful and
allow a more structured  wiki.

when I created the first page for the francophone local chapter, I decided to
begin all page name by the suffix "fr_" thus I created a "Francophone Local
chapter" category. Unhopefully, all the page name begining by "fr_" this is
not useful ;-) Then I wondered if it would not be better to end all the page
by a "_fr" sufix. Well it seems not to be really good! Finally I discovered
today the namespace function in the wiki (well, not really today).

My proposal is to use one namespace for each "section" or comitee:
webCom, visCom, Francophone and others local chapters. It is really easy to
use: just begining the name page by the namespace following by a colon ":",
e.g. francophone:welcome, francophone:osgeo_vol1, etc.

What do you think about this? Do you think it will be too hard to use? Is it
interesting?

Regards,

Y.
--