[Webcom] Motion: Vote to accept or reject alternate web site design

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Thu Mar 1 16:24:06 EST 2007

Jason Birch wrote:
> Moved:
>
> That OSGeo WebCom accept the design that is currently displayed on our
> test server, and move it to the production server.
>
> http://test.osgeo.net/

I don't have a vote, but I'll just ask the question:
   if you disable all styles (Ctrl+Shift+S in Firefox),
   does the resulting 'plain page' present in the manner
   that is desired by WebCom?

It's the old "menus first vs menus last" debate.

In other words, when looking at an unstyled page,
should the 'menu stuff' come first, or should the
content come first?

Also, that test page isn't a valid XHTML 1.0 Strict
document (but neither is the main page at osgeo.org ;-)

--
Dave Patton

http://www.confluence.org/