[Webcom] Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] THIRD BRAZILIAN MAPSERVER USER'S MEETING

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Thu May 17 08:17:50 EDT 2007

Paulo Marcondes wrote:
> 2007/5/16, Rafael Medeiros Sperb <rsperb at univali.br>:
>> Paulo,
>>
>> Your name is in the provisory OSGeo-Br committee... we will keep in
>> touch.
>
> Você ou alguém da comissão organizadora irá atualizar o wiki, para
> refletir o desenvolvimento recente da OSGeo-Br?? Eu gostaria de saber
> o que aconteceu lá em BSB!
>
> maldito curso ! =]

Hey,
congratulations to this event! Please feel free to add a short report and loads of links into the OSGeo Wiki in Portuguese.

Talking of speaking in tongues: OSGeo can provide for a mailing list in Portuguese if you need one. This is not trying to take over anything but simply to offer a place under the roof of OSGeo where your mailing list address might be found easily and feel at home.

The same applies to the OSGeo homepage, it has grown to be able to talk in different languages now including menus and after having recovered from this years conference some of you might want to translate some more of the introductory pages. There is a template in the Wiki to document the status:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Portal_Translation_Status

If you have questions WebCom will be able to help.

Best regards,
Arnulf.