[Webcom] All Members wiki page.

Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Thu May 17 13:27:24 EDT 2007

Hi,
we should consider moving the content of the  "About" column on the [[All
Members]] Wiki page to the corresponding user pages.
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/All_Members

Maybe drop the whole page, it will not accomodate all members in the long
run anway. And it is crap to edit.

I stumbled accross this while pondering
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Getting_Started and found the link to All
Members. MediaWiki throws edit warnings whenever pages grow beyond 32kb
and that page is still growing. But before changing policies (tell people
to not add themselves to all members) I wanted to check back with WebCom.

We could have people add themselves to a new [[Category:Member]] through
their user pages if they want to show off their support publicly. I guess
there has been as little progress on connecting LDAP with Mediawiki as
there has been with OSGeo's membership application form. I will put
someone to work on connecting Mediawiki.

Regards,

--
Arnulf Benno Christl
http://www.osgeo.org