[Webcom] Web site menus and translator rights

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at geomaticblog.net
Thu May 24 02:02:54 EDT 2007

"Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)" <tmitchell at osgeo.org> tuvo a bien escribir
mar, 22 may 2007:

> Hi all,
> I'm noticing some menu items have been changed to, I think, Spanish.
> They were not modified the correct way, the main name of the item was
> changed and not just the particular language to be translated.  This
> was a problem early on so I made sure that the Translator role was not
> able change menus, so I'm a bit confused.  I just removed that right
> from translators again.  Can anyone shed some light on this?  There is
> a bit of clean up to do if someone has
> time._______________________________________________

Hi,

I've been some days without visiting OSGeo website but now the menus
in Spanish and English seems OK for me.

I feel comfortable without menu role because the only thing I needed
for translation purposes is done and new items or changes could be
done quickly by some of you admins if I find you on IRC.

Alias are different of course because with every page translated we
should create its alias. I created some alias when the role was added
but as the schema for translated pages was not approved or something
like this I stopped.

I see that the only alias for translated pages are for German Language
I suppose made by Arnulf.

What I have to do know? What schema I have to follow to assign a url
for a translated page? I think this has to be clearly approved by the
committee to move that to the wiki and avoid ambiguities.

Regards,
--
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
Ingeniero en Geodesia y Cartografia