[SAC] Re: [Webcom] OSGeo and internet domains

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Oct 11 14:29:49 EDT 2007

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> On 11-Oct-07, at 10:49 AM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>
>> I think it would be most convenient
>> to have them registered by OSGeo itself.  So, assuming no one feels
>> strongly
>> that it shouldn't be done, I don't see any harm in us registering
>> osgeo.fr
>> and pointing it whereever the Francophone chapter sees fit.
>
> I agree.

Thanks Frank and Tyler. I'll get back to the French chapter members with
that info and will create a SAC ticket if they decide to go ahead.
Another question that I just thought about was whether you need an
address in France to register a .fr domain, in which case it would not
be possible for OSGeo to register/manage osgeo.fr.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/