[Webcom] Events list updating...

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon Jan 14 13:26:40 EST 2008

Thanks Lorenzo, it would be great if you could help.

Your account www.osgeo.org should already give you access to add new
event items.  You go under your user menu to "Create Content" ->
"Event" - you should understand the rest no problem.  It would be
interesting to hear your opinion about how translations also work,
after you've written the English version first.

Here are some other things I've been trying to do that I'd recommend
to continue:
* Select "Input Format" to use "Wiki Syntax" - then you can easily
embed URLs within your text using the [http://linktohere Wiki]
syntax.  The Input Format options are directly beneath the "Body"
input box in the new events form.
* Set "URL Path Settings" (further down in the form" and prefix it
with "event/" and give it a logical name, for example: "event/
foss4g_2008" or give more fancy if you wish.. "event/2008/foss4g" etc.

That's all, just keep your eyes open on the discuss list to hear
recommendations from others.  I've just been choosing what I think
would be interesting to OSGeo folks or if someone from the group is
going to be attending.  If you'd like us to remind or forward items
to you, maybe that would help?  Or we can simply post them to this list?

Any other ideas?  Thanks again!

Tyler