[Webcom] Create Account for OSGeo

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Sun Jan 20 05:30:49 EST 2008

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Arnulf Christl wrote:
>> Hello,
>> people have asked me where they can create an OSGeo account but I
>> could not find it either. In the Wiki it still says "upper right" but
>> that page seems to have been superseded long ago:
>>
>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Getting_Started#Join_the_OSGeo_Main_site
>
> Arnulf,
>
> I have updated this particular point to be more current:
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Getting_Started#Join_the_OSGeo_Main_site
>
> Best regards,

Hi,
I suggest to add a pointer to that page either from the Drupal login page at:
https://www.osgeo.org/user

Or as a link below the link "User login" at the lower left of the web site root at http://www.osgeo.org

I updated the message that is displayed during account creation in the Wiki to reflect that you need to give a valid email address (it said optional before):
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/MediaWiki:Prefs-help-email

Can someone please check the wording, it took me a while to formulate this but I still don't like it.

Regards, Arnulf.