[Webcom] German language translation of the main page & general confusion

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas xurxosanz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 12:33:29 EST 2008

2008/1/25, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas <xurxosanz at gmail.com>:
> 2008/1/25, Arnulf Christl <arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com>:
> > Hi,
> > sorry that I did not check earlier - but it seems that since the last uphaul there is no more German language entry page. I cannot translate the start page either - at least it is not a standard page?!
> >
> > When I am logged in as arnulf I see the pages:
> > * http://www.osgeo.org/
> > * http://www.osgeo.org/home
> > as can be seen in this screen shot:
> > http://www.mapbender.org/presentations/osgeo_frontpage.png
> >
> > I cannot edit the link behind the German language menu item that currently points to the alias <front>. I cannot translate the page <front> either as I do not know the id of that page.
>
> Hi Arnulf, I can help you with the front page translations:
>
> Parts of frontpage should be translated independently as single articles
>
> http://www.osgeo.org/home_top
> http://www.osgeo.org/home_bottom
>
> About news I can't say anything as I haven't attempted to translate anyone.

Even more, now I realize that something strange is happening with news
and events and non-english versions of osgeo site...

No translated content is not appearing in non-english.

I've just created a translation for spanish of the deegree new and now
it appears on the Spanish version.

I think this should be the same for the events... keep working...
--
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
Ingeniero en Geodesia y Cartografía