[Webcom] Survey and polling tools

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon Jun 2 18:05:08 EDT 2008

Hi all, following up from a few different conversations I'm wondering
what others think of setting up the ability to running polls and
surveys on "community.osgeo.net" or other domain.  The software is
pretty much set up already and I don't mind getting a couple of them
started.

Personally, I really like the idea of having these tools available
for gathering community input on various fronts.  Since it would also
not be running on the primary (osgeo1) osgeo.org server it'd be cool
to give other trusted, interested, folks the opportunity to run it or
post questions, etc.  Just some thoughts, what do you think?

If this group is generally in favour, then I'd set up a proper front
page for that drupal instance and set up a survey or two.

Thoughts? Ideas?