[Webcom] Survey and polling tools

jo at frot.org jo at frot.org
Tue Jun 3 12:03:53 EDT 2008

dear Jason, all,
On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 10:06:37PM -0700, Jason Birch wrote:
> Depends on what the polls are going to be used for.
>
> If they're just to be used to guide marketing efforts or give us a better sense of how we're doing, then that's fine.

I think i prompted this by asking for a FOSS4G user satisfaction /
planning survey - to help get an assessment of how much, if at all,
OSGeo-branded workshop events might risk drawing attendees away from
FOSS4G. I didn't see this as an "OSGeo community" thing, but as
something intended to reach people who would be in the market for an
"Introduction to OpenLayers" workshop. As such, underneath foss4g.org
or osgeo.org would be a more appropriate place to put such a thing.

> Do you have a maintenance plan for this software?  Is it just a Drupal plugin, or is it another application that someone in SAC has to take responsibility for?  Is there someone willing to do so?

The "webform" module would slot right into an existing drupal instance
and hopefully not need extra maintenance. It doesn't need to turn into
a bigger "framework" for marketing efforts i hope :)

cheers,

jo