[Webcom] New OSGeo Wiki Startpage proposal

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Thu Jun 12 03:34:19 EDT 2008

+1 for changing the layout
-1 to copy the technical way it was done for Mapbender.

The technical issue is that OSGeo Wiki has not enabled $wg_RawHtml=true in the LocalSettings.php. This is required to use the table / div tag solution that was used to design the start page proposed by Markus (which his why you were rejected as Spam).

I strongly recommend to not set $wg_RawHtml=true for the OSGeo Wiki because it will attract all kinds of really ugly spam stuff.

But Yves' solution http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Francophone does work and with a somewhat more conservative styling :-) should suit us fine. I would suggest to try that out on the discuss page and then copy to Main_Page.

Markus, Yves, shall we?

Best regards,
Arnulf.

Yves Jacolin wrote:
> This looks better than the Francophone wiki start page (with more color) :
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Francophone ;)
>
> Y.
> Le mercredi 11 juin 2008 21:13, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) a écrit :
>> Very nice.
>> +1 :)
>>
>> On 11-Jun-08, at 11:58 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:
>>> Hi WebCom,
>>>
>>> sorry to bother but I thought the Wiki Startpage needs a layout
>>> refresh.
>>> Since wiki.osgeo.org refuses to save my suggestion in the start/talk
>>> page (says that it is spam), I have stored it here:
>>>
>>> http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/New_OSGeo_Wiki_Startpage
>>> (don't care about the absent links - it's on a different wiki).
>>>
>>> It's based on the Mapbender Wiki layout which we already adopted
>>> for the GRASS Wiki.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Markus