[Webcom] OSGeo Book shop page on Drupal needed

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas xurxosanz at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 05:15:42 EDT 2008

2008/6/22 Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>:
> Wolf,
>
> wow, what a service! Look great :)
>
> In a joint effort we'll add the other from
>  http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Template:Books
> soon.
>
> Markus

Hi,

Recently José Carlos, a teacher from the university I studied has
published a book for UPV students[1] about PostGIS. Well as it's for
cartography students and it has a first part about Linux, another one
about SQL and the main part about PostGIS.

I don't know any other published book about PostGIS in Spanish.

Do you think it could be interesting for the OSGeo books section? I
had the intention to write a review for my weblog but if you think
it's worth, I can translate it into English and post it. The book has
ISBN and I think it could be bought on-line by some resellers of the
university editorial.

I wrote with that group a book about Mapserver[2] some years ago for
university lessons and post graduate courses  (I've just realized that
it's on google books, OMG). We (happily) realized that that book was
being used in other Spanish universities, so that kind of "manuals" or
"lesson supporting material" could be interesting for the community.

[1]http://www.upv.es/pls/obib/est_publ.FichPublica?P_ESTILO=200&P_IDIOMA=v&P_ARM=608
[2]http://books.google.com/books?id=9orb_liy184C
--
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas