[Webcom] New OSGeo Wiki Startpage proposal

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Jun 23 03:39:37 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 8:07 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> I would prefer to get the div thing through since it is ready.
> Otherwise I fear that just nothing will happen to the initial page...

To be honest: I find it rather frustrating that I spend quite some time on
cleaning up the stuff and then I get blocked with some irrelevant Wiki
setting/-1 from a member here. Saying -1 is easy but then?

OSGeo is Do-ocracy for me. GTD.

I have polished the layout again: PLEASE TAKE A LOOK:
http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/New_OSGeo_Wiki_Startpage
 (don't care about the absent links as it's on a different wiki).

Can someone please enable <div> for the Wiki? I wasted also some
time to implement the francophone solution, it didn't work. Also, it's not
that nice (sorry, guys). I am continuously monitoring recent changes,
the possibility that spam creeps in is pretty low. Like me, Mateusz,
and many others are watching changes in the Wiki. Tyler/Frank know
my Wiki activities statistics (top 4 or so in the entire OSGeo Wiki
space with 5000-6000 changes).

Quite energy consuming to fight this through... :( Don't feel that it's
a stupid idea to make the entry page more appealing.

Markus