[Webcom] Foundation / Community / Projects Boxes

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon May 5 15:04:13 EDT 2008

Good ones.  There is a lot of stale content on the site.

I'm reconsidering the value of the project info sheets as well.  I think
it's important to present a uniform experience but, frankly, they're
ugly and really some TLC.  The intention was that these would be created
when adding new links to the main page, but that hasn't happened and now
we have a mish-mosh of links.  Perhaps it's better to remove them and
just point to those projects' home pages from our main page?

My concern is that these, the spotlights, and other items really require
some people-resources.  I know that you're over-worked as usual Frank,
and I'm finding that I have a lot less time to put towards meta-osgeo
than I did two years ago.  What we really need is fresh blood, but OSGeo
(we) does a poor job of communicating that it isn't a corporate borg
entity, and that anyone can easily get involved and make a difference.
I don't know what to do about this.

Jason