[Webcom] Some suggestions for the OSGeo homepage
Jeroen at Ticheler.net
Mon May 5 16:55:27 EDT 2008
Guess I earlier used the wrong email address. My email seems to
overlap nicely with what Frank wrote about one hour after :)
From: Jeroen Ticheler <Jeroen.Ticheler at fao.org>
Date: May 5, 2008 4:59:57 PM GMT+02:00
To: Web committee discussions <webcom at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: Some suggestions for the OSGeo homepage
Reading through a draft marketing strategy and browsing the OSGeo
homepage I have some observations and suggestions I wanted to share
for discussion and possibly action.
- The Community Spotlights section seems virtually dead while it takes
up a lot of space. We could consider (re)moving it to free up space
and make the page less overwhelming/ lighter to digest.
- For sponsors we have two links on the homepage. I would suggest to
make an animated gif with the logos and put those on e.g. the lower
right corner. That image could than link to the sponsors page. The
sponsors page links to the sponsorship help page. That help page may
also provide the sponsor opportunities? This allows to remove at least
one (if not two) of the sponsors links in the menu.
- A Marketing page might be useful instead of the direct link to the
- From the Wiki, the logo on the top left links to the OSGeo wiki. I
think that logo would better link to the official page :-)
- Service providers and News might move up into the OSGeo Foundation
menu from the Community menu?
OK, that's all for now.
More information about the Webcom