[Webcom] deegree@OSGeo website questions

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas xurxosanz at gmail.com
Thu May 15 07:42:57 EDT 2008

2008/5/15 Jason Birch <Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca>:
> Hi Markus,
>
> We can definitely help you out with question 1.  If you'd like I can give your OSGeo account write access to our main Drupal site so you can manage your own info page.  We can do this for you as well (but with potential delays), but I'd prefer that projects are in charge of their own info pages.
>
> I don't think that #2 is an absolute requirement.  Many projects with existing websites are using their own URLs.  The only ones that I know of for sure that are using OSGeo-hosted Drupal sites are MapGuide, FDO, and MapBender.  The others typically have redirects to their info pages.
>
> Anyway, questions 2 (however you resolve it) and 3 should be referred to the Systems Administration Committee as tasks through the OSGeo trac instance (choose the SAC component when filing the ticket):
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/
>
> Jason
>
> ________________________________
>
> From: webcom-bounces at lists.osgeo.org on behalf of Dr. Markus Lupp
> Subject: [Webcom] deegree at OSGeo website questions
>
> 1. info page for http://www.osgeo.org/deegree
>
> 2. deegree.osgeo.org is populated with a web presence
>
> 3. http://download.osgeo.org

Hi

Well, wearing my "gvSIG jacket" I'm afraid we should work on that way also...

1) Info sheet

I have a drupal account as translator, so not sure if I can create a
new page to after change an alias for http://www.osgeo.org/gvsig.
Anyway, I'll design a simple html text with the main info for gvSIG
and if I cannot create the page submit it here or whatever you tell
me.

2) gvsig.osgeo.org

I'll create a SAC ticket for the redirect

3) About downloads server

Here I'm not sure to understand how to work. should the download
server redirect to the gvsig downloads page or it will store the
binaries and source code for every version gvSIG releases??

Well, this question should be redirected to SAC or IncCom committees...

Cheers!
--
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
Ingeniero en Geodesia y Cartografía