[Webcom] would like to contribute

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Sat Oct 4 08:38:39 EDT 2008

Frank Warmerdam schrieb:
> If we gave you an account on osgeo2, could you take care of the
> installation of postgres+postgis yourself (likely from source since
> the system is running a fairly old OS).  Also, the mediawiki update?

Yes I can do that. But I would try that first on my local machine,
because I didn't installed postgres from source before. What OS is the
server running? So I could setup a VM with that same OS to test the
installation.
> We would likely need to pass a motion within SAC to grant you
> admin privs on osgeo2.

This would be a tough responsibility, and to be honest I would like to
avoid that until I am a little bit more familar with the osgeo web setup.
But as I said, If nobody of the guys who know the system already have
the time to do that postgres installation, I would do that of course and
I would do it as carefully as possible.

best regards,
Christian