[Webcom] would like to contribute

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Wed Oct 8 15:27:16 EDT 2008

Thanks, and yes I will proceed with that. :)

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>> [warmerdam at osgeo2 ~]$ cat /etc/issue
>> Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 7)

For getting familar with RedHat I install a RHEL7 VM in the moment,
because I have access to this version through my university.  Will that
be good enough for not getting lost in that mentioned version on the
server, or should I try to get exactly this version? If yes, from where
could I access/download this?
> I should add, you can write up some notes on your proposed changes in:
>
>   http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/wiki/MediaWikiConfiguration

Ok.
> Martin has agreed to provide some coaching on the existing mediawiki
> setup in #telascience if needed.

Yes thanks, I think that would be good.

Ok, I try to setup the Wiki Extension on a RedHat system with a from
source installed postgrs/postgis and get myself familar with the OSGeo
Webcom trough browsing the mentioned keywords (like "telascience", "SAC"
etc) on the osgeo wiki and put some notes on the trac site about the
Wiki Extension setup for now.

best regards,
Christian