[Webcom] Re: UK local chapter

Joanne Cook j.cook at oxfordarch.co.uk
Wed Feb 18 14:00:47 EST 2009

Dear All,

For the UK chapter, I guess I'll be the primary contact for now, at least till we have our first AGM in June.

All the best

Jo

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 12:15:30 -0500
From: Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com>
Subject: Re: [Webcom] UK local chapter
To: Web committee discussions <webcom at lists.osgeo.org>

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> I just wanted the committee here to discuss any concerns they might have
> about hosting local chapter sites.  To date, most just use the wiki or
> create something on their own server somewhere.  Giving one or two leads
> from a local chapter access to drupal to create new content is a simple
> process.
>
> Any concerns?  If not, I will help get Jo lined up to make pages.
> Really, the access rights are no different than those of our
> translators, so it's pretty simple to set up.

Tyler,

I think it is a fine idea for chapters to maintain a subarea on the
Drupal site.  I'd just like to see one primary contact volunteer
to join WebCom as a liason when this is done.

Joanne Cook
Senior IT Support and Development
Oxford Archaeology (North)
01524 880212