[Webcom] Different menu items for local chapter pages

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Mon Jun 8 14:24:19 EDT 2009

On 06/08/2009 04:38 PM, Joanne Cook wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I finally trying to put some content in the UK local chapter section
> of the main website, as kindly agreed a couple of months ago. I
> notice that the site keeps the same menus to the left and right of
> the main content, regardless of what page you are on. I assume that
> is a fixed rule, correct?

Not exactly. A block (a menu or box) can be given some conditions (like
for instance parts of page urls) which when evaluated to true reults in
the block being displayed.

> If so, I'd like some advice on how to design my UK-specific pages so
> that there are links available to UK content. I can include a "table
> of contents" on the main home page but after that it might get a
> little tricky to navigate around the "sub-site" without having to go
> back to "local chapters/United Kingdom" in the left-hand menu.

If you tell me the menu and the pages where it should show I can set it
up for you. Hopefully all those pages are under the same "directory",
but that is not mandatory.

> Any suggestions appreciated! Also, is there a link to style
> guidelines for the website other than the logo?

Not to my knowledge. The current style is more or less the result of it
happening. There is an alternate theme called OSGeo2, which is less white.

--Wolf

--

Wolf Bergenheim (wolf+grass at bergenheim.net)