[Webcom] Usermap SVN and improvement

Christian Willmes c.willmes at Uni-Koeln.de
Tue Mar 3 16:46:33 EST 2009

Hi folks,

I felt like setting up an SVN-Repository for the OSGeoUsermap [1] [2],
because I think the map is not "really" a state of the art OS Webmaping
application (at least from its appearance).
Considering that OSGeo is to a large degree all about webmaping, I think
it would be good to have a state of the art or even better usermap
application.
So I ask if anybody is willing to help me to improve that app.
I am happy about any kind of help, may it be suggestions for improvement
at all or programming something cool.

The repository is reachable here: http://svn.christian-willmes.de/usermap

Anybody who is willing to work on this can contact me to get write
access to the repository.

Its just a starting point for opensourcing it. ;-) I would have no
problem to put the code repository on an "official" osgeo server with a
trac wiki and so for further development.

In the moment it is a very small app, we can build something entirely
new within the borders of the mediawiki parser hooks, and the existing
user postgis table.

So! I would appreciate any kind of feedback and suggestions for
improvement and of course programming effort if somebody is willing to.
Don't hesitate to punish me for my terrible programming practice... I
know it, and because of this we can only improve it, it can't get worse
from here. ;-)

best regards,
Christian

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/UserMap_Documentation