[Webcom] Sponsors banner

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Mon Oct 19 12:12:50 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 08:52, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)
<tmitchell at osgeo.org> wrote:
> If there is general agreement, I can add this to the main page somewhere.
> Ideas? Suggestions?

Personally I'm not very fond of banners at all. And thing they are
mostly a nuisance. (I love the adblock extension ;) It could go in the
empty space of the header, if we don't want some other nicer graphic
(like seen in the osgeo2 theme). Plus it will slow down our pages even
more... I'd prefer a block on the right hand side with static logos of
our sponsors. For a scrolling banner it isn't really that obtrusive,
and blends in with the colors of the website quite nicely. Perhaps it
could go above the title on the home page, or below the get involved
block? Do we want to show it on all pages? In that case I think that
the box with logos (perhaps you can make them float around?) would
perhaps work better.

Just my 0.05€,

--Wolf

--