[Webcom] Motion: Ian Edwards joins WebCom

Ian Edwards iedwards.pub at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 13:04:10 PDT 2013

Hi Adam,

If we throw away what we currently have and start from scratch then I agree
that views would be the obvious way to go.

As far as I can see, your suggestion doesn't allow an institution to log in
and edit their own profile - instead someone with the correct role can edit
all 'service provider' nodes?

Is your plan for migrating the exiting profile information to cut and
paste?  We'd then remove the old pages and allow external search engines to
reindex?

The new guidelines would be to contact WebCom to get pages added or updated?

I haven't had a proper look, but the custom PHP code does not look that
complicated - but it's proper legacy code and presumably would require live
editing and testing to fix.  I also don't currently understand our LDAP
integration.  I'm happy to test and document what we currently have and
suggest a fix. It's obvious that we'll need to replace this at some stage
in the future, but that probably applies to many other areas of the site
and we'll want approach any redesign in a well thought our and consistent
way.

Ian