[Webcom] [OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo upcoming events list needs love

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Oct 31 06:39:45 PDT 2013

Hi All,

Glad to see that my email triggered some discussion. I believe the
decisions on the how and what come down to SAC and WebCom, I don't think
the board needs to involved for decision within the mandates of those
committees.

However, if there is any other way that the board can support the
transition, including with a bit of funding, then let us know. At the
moment, the osgeo1 server costs us ~500$ per month in wasted hosting
fees. In addition to the marketing benefits of a better website, if we
just save a few months of hosting by moving our stuff away from that
Peer1 server then we can save a couple of k$ that can be redirected to
supporting the work. That's an amount that can be easily justified if
you ask me.

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette