[Webcom] Barn raising: osgeo.org web site

Ian Edwards iedwards.pub at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 14:31:37 PST 2015

Hi All,

Plans to recreate the current OSGeo.org website in a newer version of the
Drupal content management system are on the wiki here:

    https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo.org_Web_Site_-_2016_Barn_Raising

This topic is also on the agenda for this week's OSGeo board meeting
(Thursday):
    agenda: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2015-12-10
    time:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2015&month=12&day=10&hour=14&min=0&sec=0%2015.00UTC

Please send replies to the message to *discuss**@lists.osgeo.org
<http://lists.osgeo.org>* and not to the other lists included on this
message to prevent the discussion from being split across the discuss,
board, sac and webcom lists!

Many thanks,

Ian

P.S. I anticipate that we may not all agree that a manual migration to
Drupal 8 is the absolute optimal solution --- but please bear in mind that
possible upgrades have been in discussion since 2007...  We're looking for
a solution that can be easily implemented and meets the main requirements
(including removing ad hoc custom PHP and also ensuring solid multilingual
support).

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 12:22 PM, Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com