[Webcom] short and mid term planning

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 13:09:12 PST 2016

> 2. I've updated trac (does it need approval by the submitter before being
> closed?) [1]

It is your trac - so if you want to close it go ahead. Or if you want
confirmation that the person responsible for the request is "happy" you can
ask them to review and close it :D

> 4. There was a discussion about updating the project links previously [2]
> - the suggestion was to link each OSGeo Project (right-hand side on the
> osgeo.org home page) to the corresponding summary page on OSGeo Live.
> This has the advantage for new users that each project will have a
> consistent summary page (with important information like license being
> easily accessible).  It would also allow OSGeo itself to provide more
> added-value, and could also promote OSGeo live?  There are also
> disadvantages.
>
> Could we revive this discussion before making the changes?

Sure, how about this for a proposal:
- link to the project home page (nothing else will do for the projects)
- have an (i) information link that links to the OSGeo live page

This combines the best of both worlds - what do you think?

> I'm part way through contacting current webcom members to clean up the
> webcom committee members list.
> [1] https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1613
> [2] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/marketing/2013-April/002931.html

Sounds good, the other way to clean it up is hold an IRC meeting - people
will attend, or send their regrets - either way your committee is reduced
to active participants.

Thanks for the hustle on these things Ian - it is very important that we
enable our new board members. So glad to see the content getting updated,
news announcements being made, etc...