URL naming for migrated content

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Thu Dec 7 13:29:16 EST 2006

dear all, KK et al particularly,

I noted in irc discussions about work on the new www.osgeo site that
the URLs are being preserved as they are on the current site - e.g.
https://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/about.html

I never saw the point of having 'content/' in the URL - isn't it all
content? - and the URLs would be human-friendlier without. I would
like to suggest they change to lose the content/ though of course
existing links still need to resolve...

If i recall rightly one page node can have multiple paths in Drupal?
Or we could rewrite URLs in Apache's config. While there is the
opportunity to rethink some of the naming scheme during the migration
it would be good to take it.

cheers,

jo