[Web Comm] Membership confirmation

Fred warnock fred.warnock at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 13:00:47 EDT 2006

Hi folks,

I've been silent the past few months because I have not had the time to
commit to figuring out what the heck was going on.  For now, I think I
should probably step out, since I've effectively done that anyway.

I volunteered to be part of this committee because I was interested in
working out the structure, navigation and design, and getting things
going in participation with the rest of the committee.  I designed and
built the original temporary "MapServer Foundation" site, and wanted to
continue in that but I very quickly realized that this role was not
available because either the software system or our communication
presented too great a barrier for me.

As a side note, I was confused from day one.  For some reason I could
never get the big picture on what was going on, or what the web comm's
role was supposed to be.  I also couldn't get the details, and always
felt that I was only being exposed to half the communication.  Things
just looked like they were all happening at the same time, on their own.

As it turned out, the timing was just no good for me either, as the
company I work for embarked on one of the biggest software development
projects we've ever undertaken.  I applaud those who managed to get in
there and spend the time to figure things out and who are taking
initiative now.

I am encouraged by the enthusiasm in the email lately and I hope things
are on a better track now.  I aim to be at that meeting tomorrow, but I
just want to see if there is a role for me in the new committee.

I'm not committing to anything yet!

fred