[Web Comm] RE: RE: RE: [webcommittee][SC56][Move/Copy] Fix failed ServerAdmin unit tests under Linux

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Tue Oct 3 06:59:33 EDT 2006

dear Auke, cheers for this.
On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 03:02:18AM -0700, Auke Jilderda wrote:
> the guest account is a system account that is created upon instantiating
> the site.  Its 'reason d'etre' is to be able to define the level of
> access for anonymous users.
> did it) created the 'webcommittee.guest for issue tracker' role and
> granted it to the guest user.
(Feeling a bit boggled by the role permutation opportunities, thinking
you know the system setup best and can make recommendations.)

> Personally, I would prefer insisting on people to log in before
> submitting an issue.  If logging in is already too high a threshold, I'm
> not sure how valuable the feedback will be.

I think logging in is too high a bar. Before I joined WebCom and got
all these Honoured News Editor privileges I backed off from submitting
requests and bug reports into the WebCom tracker because I couldn't
see clearly how to submit bugs when I wasn't a project member. I don't
comment on Paul Ramsey's blog even when I want to because I can never
wilfully remember my Google All Assuming Identity Account details.

I think any feedback at all has value, even if it's just in the act of
having been made, and other hippy, holarchic sentiments to that effect.
Did someone have an operational problem with open issuetracker access
either for the www project or sitewide?

cheers,

jo