[Web Comm] Committee/list merge proposal - was Re: [SAC] RE: [Web Comm] Re: Migration planning meeting

Dave Patton dpatton at confluence.org
Fri Oct 27 11:36:46 EDT 2006

Markus Neteler wrote:
> (taking Frank's comment here from other lists posting)
>
> On 10/26/06, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
>> PS. I'd really like to encourage everyone involved to join the sac list.
>> These super cross posting results in very corrupted subject lines and
>> drive me crazy.  IMHO webcom should primariliy be consulted for drupal
>> web site type discussions.  And your (Jason) involvement in sac is enough
>> to ensure webcom infrastructure needs should be met.
>
> ... another option, as I suggested at our F2F/CH, is to merge some
> committees to get rid of some friction and the bloody crossposting.
> For example: WebCom and VisCom. They are often too close together
> to remain two committees. Especially for newcomers it's fairly
> confusing (for us as well, see above).
>
> Both WebCom and VisCom could at least operate on the same list.
> Or: Merge WebCom and SAC lists (SAC traffic is low enough).

As a way to "test the waters" re merging committees, the mailing
list maintainers could subscribe the WebCom list to the VisCom
list, and vice versa (or do it with the WebCom and SAC lists).
That way nobody has to 'join the other list', the webpages about
the number/type of committees don't have to be changed, etc.,
but the effect of a merged committee can be tested(at least the
mailing list part).

--
Dave Patton

http://www.confluence.org/