[webmap-discuss] OGC and google style tiling

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 12 04:18:36 EDT 2006

Hi Steven,

there is an OGC list to discuss tiling:

check the archives there.

What you could also do, since I assume your data is pretty much static, is
use UMN Mapserver to rasterize all your vector data (create Geotiffs e.g.)
and serve out the rasters instead. I guess the classifications used are
heavy on CPU usage, and pre-classified rasters would solve that part at
least.

Best regards,
Bart