WPS interfaces

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Wed Nov 22 12:44:20 EST 2006

here at ominiverdi we've started developing a couple of interfaces
for WPS (Embrio and Wuiw).
Jachym Cepicky (CC) hosted us in his beautiful PyWPS project:
http://pywps.wald.intevation.org/

A concept application, something to play with:
http://pywps.ominiverdi.org/subversion/trunk/web/embrio/raster/r_los/
r_los_ka_map.php

WPS, as all OGC web services, has a formal and precise syntax to chat
with the server.
Metadata inclusion let developers customize parameters for their
implementations.
now the invitation:
We invite all interested developers in the definition of a common set
of metadata to let WPS ask for input fields.
Here below the wiki page:
http://pywps.ominiverdi.org/wiki/index.php/
Wuiw_Development#input_types_discussion

I don't want to write too much, I still don't know if somebody here
could be interested.
in our imagination, this solution should allow a generic WPS process
to ask a web interface, a QGIS plugins or whatever plugin to show the
user all form fields needed to define parameters.

any kind of comments are welcome
thanks
Lorenzo