[webmap-discuss] WMS Requests: Rounding BBOX

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Wed Sep 20 20:53:00 EDT 2006

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 08:15:55PM -0400, Paul Spencer wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I think you should go with whatever Schuyler puts into the spec for
> cacheable WMS :)

Right, but we have to make that decision at some point as a group. I
have no problem with leading that discussion here and now.

> Would you implement this for just the WMS tiled layer or for all
> layers (I'm thinking about a possible impact on ka-Map of course)

Rounding should happen as late as possible. In ka-Map, there are two
places it happens: tiles are rounded to nearest tile -- pixel modulu
tile size -- and scale is rounded to four decimal places.

BBOX values will be rounded where used in tile loading -- this is for
WFS, and images which use a BBOX.

--
Christopher Schmidt
Web Developer